Norwegian Textile Artists and SOFT
Norwegian Textile Artists (Norske tekstilkunstnere - NTK) was established in 1977 as a national organisation for textile artists, and is a foundation organisation in the Association of Norwegian Visual Artists (NBK). Norwegian Textile Artists has, as of 1 November 2006, about 200 members.
We are three members of staff and four board members. Norwegian Textile Artists is a not-for-profit organisation primarily supported by the government and through membership fees. The organisation has a wide network nationally and internationally and assists its members with advice and contacts for exhibitions and public commissions.
The gallery SOFT opened in Autumn 2006 when Norwegian Textile Artists moved to a newly refurbished space. The new exhibition space is approx. 20 m2, with high ceilings and a large window facing the street. The space is ideal for presenting single large-scale works or a small group of works, making it a perfect venue for solo presentations. SOFT exhibits the work of members of Norwegian Textile Artists and other Norwegian and international artists working within textile media.
Norwegian Textile Artists' activities comprise:
- promoting Norwegian textile art, nationally and internationally
- increasing the use of textile artists' works and skills
- promoting members' activities and assisting them with public commissions
- securing the rights of textile artists both artistically and socially
- producing and presenting exhibitions of contemporary Norwegian and international textile art in SOFT, the gallery in Rådhusgaten 20, Oslo.
Norwegian Textile Artists has a portfolio archive of documentation of members' works that is accessible for curators, institutions and the public.
To join our mailinglist, send your e-mail address to .